Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some new cards...please don't fall off your chair!

Phew! What a whirlwind the past few months have been....a few getaways - one to Washington DC with my husband, and one to Ocean City MD with our whole family....not to mention the whole back to school routine, and getting in to the holidays swing for my business.....wow! I've also had the great privledge of taking some great scrapbooking classes in the last few weeks - an Alcohol Inks class with Tim Holtz, and two Copics classes with Sally Lynn Macdonald! It has been a lot of fun!



We're hitting RECORD NUMBER of donations for Operation Write Home, which is really exciting! Each week I am shipping 10-12 boxes of cards to the Middle East, which is really wonderful! Thank you to all my blog followers who donate cards - you are really making a difference!



I've been making cards here and there, and finally got around to taking some photos. Will share them in dribs and drabs over the next week or two, now that I have a little lull between getting the last of the Halloween boxes packed up, and getting the Christmas cards out to our heroes!



Card #1 is a tribute to one of my favorite sports....FOOTBALL! I'm really a college football fan at heart (PENN STATE!), but this one is done in the colors of my favorite pro team, the Pittsburgh Steelers! I love making cards that our troops can send to their kids, and thought this one would be perfect:


This was such a fun card to make, using a Memory Box Penguin Stamp, American Crafts Rub-on, random gold star brad from my stash, and the cuttlebug folder that looks like snakeskin.

Card #2 is a tribute to one of my favorite cities, Paris. The stamp is from Tim Holtz, and the background is misted with walnut ink, over which I embossed the stamp. The paper is DCWV Travel Stack.


I am trying very hard to make masculine cards for my OWH boxes - they are always a challenge for me!


The third and final card for today is a fun, funky little card. I bought the stamp about 9 months ago and have never used it (sound familiar?) so I pulled it out to have a little fun...



The background was done using one of the new CuttleBug folders, and I simply stamped the image and cut it out, and pop dotted the young lady on the scooter! FUN!

Thanks for reading - I promise to be better now that life is a little more...uh...less hectic?

Have a great weekend! Go Penn State!







2 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabre your cards are wonderful!! I absolutely LOVE the football penguin one!!

Tammy x

Carmen O. said...

Hey Fabre, Fabulous cards! I have to remember to use my CB folders more often I have quite a few of them now and I have some core'dinations cardstock so that should make some fun cards. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!