Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Creative Mojo Coming Back, Slowly But Surely...

Hey Everyone! Thanks for checking in on my blog! I have been a little slow on my updates, but hoping to get better as my creative mojo seems to be coming back again. The first few weeks that Camille was here it was really difficult to get anything done, but now she seems to be settling in without feeling the need to constantly be in my lap - giving me time to get some crafting done!

I'm going to keep this really brief, as I'd like to get in to the craft room tonight to finish up a few projects...but here are some cards that I have completed recently. I hosted a cardmaking party at my house for Operation Write Home a few weeks ago, and together we made over 100 cards to send to our military in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other parts of the Middle East. It was a BLAST and we loved it so much that we're planning on getting together once a month! Hopefully by the end of the year, we'll have a very impressive number of cards sent to report!

Without further ado, here are some of the cards that I created that day...

The above card was made with a new set I bought as a special treat from Papertrey Ink, called Tiny Valentine. The Set is fantastic with lots of different options for general cards, not just for Valentine's Day.

This card really is much cuter in person than it appears on screen. I used the Stampin Up set, Double Line Doodles, and made the flower, which I colored in with copics and highlighted with stickles. Not sure where the sentiment stamp came from....but it just seemed to work!

This card came out so much cuter than I ever thought it would....I had the paper which is 6x6 and has the VERY square pattern shown - I had this cute sentiment stamp which was a dollar bin find at Michael's - I paper pieced the tiny hearts on it, and it was my favorite card of the day! Stinking cute!

This tree was purchased by my friend Marcy on a recent visit to Bella Art in Johnston, RI. It is a Memory Box stamp. My friend Diane brought a bunch of bottles of the "Got Flowers" by Prima and challenged us to use them up - she found they are sitting around for her. I combined them with this stamp and was thrilled with the results. I used perfect pearls as a center for the flower - if you haven't used this product, check it out immediately! I loved it, and a great, cost-effective way to add pearls to your cards! A beautiful patterned paper added just the final touch, and voila!
Thanks for looking - hope to do more updating soon!



1 comment:

MarcyK924 said...

Love those cards!! It was such a fun day and I learn so much from all you seasoned cardmakers. :)