Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some Recent CFH Creations

What a day! Poor Larry has been home sick all day, and I have been running around trying to deal with clients and keep the house somewhat in order....lol! Finally things are calming down tonight and without American Idol to watch tonight- I'm able to update my blog! YIPPEE!

I'm spending the day tomorrow with a friend of mine, Marcy, who I am teaching how to scrapbook! I am really looking forward to it. We have gone shopping a few times, now it is time to teach her how to use all the goodies we bought. May is "Teach a Friend to Scrapbook" month, why not share your love of a hobby (be it cardmaking or scrapping) with someone else? I always find it more fun to craft with a friend anyhow....

And speaking of crafting, I have been making some new CFH cards again. No rhyme or reason to what I have been making - just whatever mood strikes me. This is one of my recent favorites...

I used a penguin stamp from Rubber City River Works as the centerpiece of the card. The background is Cuttlebugged red paper. It was a simple card to put together, but I thought it was cute when it was done.

Here's another card that I made to fit a special size envelope that was donated to us at Cards for Heroes...


The images were printed from the Microsoft Design Gallery online. I used some paper that was YEARS old in my stash, and some baseball ribbon. Our son Zack plays baseball, so I can only imagine how excited some youngster will be getting this card from mom or dad serving overseas.
One more card, just for fun...

April was the month of the military child, so I used this adorable little owl and paper pieced a tree trunk for him to sit on. The sentiment is just done with my printer. Simple!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I know mine will be spent enjoying our family, sorting CFH cards, and preparing for the Blog Hop memorial day weekend!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Let's see if the 27th time is a charm, lol. Great cards, LOVE the penguins!!

Karen said...

Wow, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and letting me know about the CFH Blog Hop! I would {{love}} to join in! Thanks for sharing it with me!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Very cute cards. Thanks for inspiring me.